Warren Street kitchen grease fire displaces two | Local | poststar.com – The Post Star

Subscribe to our Daily Headlines newsletter.
The Glens Falls Fire Department responded to a call for a grease fire that occurred in an apartment at 88 Warren St. The fire was contained to the kitchen area of the apartment.
GLENS FALLS — A grease fire in the kitchen of one of the apartments at 88 Warren St. displaced two on Tuesday afternoon.
The Glens Falls Fire Department fielded the call at 4:18 p.m.
They were able to get to the residence and extinguish the flames quickly. Glens Falls Fire Chief James Schrammel said the fire was knocked down in minutes, but there was a minor overhaul that had to be done to the area around the stove which took some time.
Schrammel said it was a grease fire that originated on top of the stove in the kitchen area of the apartment. He said that only one of the two residents were there at the time, and they were able to get out of the building.
“They were out front when we arrived on the scene,” Schrammel said.
The department was able to contain the fire to the kitchen area, according to Schrammel.
There was no structural damage to the building, but the wall directly behind the stove was impacted.
The Warren Street building has eight apartments total. Schrammel said that none of the other apartments were affected.
Volunteers from the Northeastern New York Chapter of the American Red Cross provided the pair with financial assistance for things like shelter, clothing and food, according to a news release.
The two residents are displaced only until the kitchen is cleaned up, according to Schrammel. He said the stove does need to be checked before they are allowed back in the residence, but he doesn’t think they will be out of their apartment long.
“They were displaced at least for the night until the owner could get in, or somebody could get in and clean up and make it livable,” he said.
The Glens Falls Police Department provided assistance with traffic control while the department put out the fire.
Jay Mullen is a reporter for The Post-Star covering the city of Glens Falls, Warren County and crime and courts. You can reach him at 518-742-3224 or jmullen@poststar.com.

Subscribe to our Daily Headlines newsletter.
reporter
{{description}}
Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items.

A Queensbury man was arrested on Monday after police said he pointed a handgun at a Warren County sheriff’s officer.

An early Sunday morning accident in the town of Hebron left one person dead.

A South Glens Falls man has been arrested after police said he forced entry into a home and struck the resident.

A Petersburg man was arrested on Friday in connection to the disappearance and death of Cambridge High School graduate Morgan Bates.

The Glens Falls man who admitted illegally entering the U.S. Capitol during the riot on Jan. 6, 2021, was sentenced to 90 days in jail.

A Warren County resident has died from COVID-19, Warren County Health Services reported on Wednesday. 

Rain and high winds caused some damage and knocked out power to several locations in the Glens Falls, Lake George and Stony Creek regions on Monday night.

Energy company U.S. Light Energy wants to turn a former golf course in Moreau into a multi-use property, with a community solar facility and community garden.

U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik on Wednesday will introduce legislation named in Ernest Peltz’s honor.

Court documents filed on Monday accuse a Petersburg man of stabbing and strangling Morgan Bates before hiding her body in Cherry Plain State Park.
The Glens Falls Fire Department responded to a call for a grease fire that occurred in an apartment at 88 Warren St. The fire was contained to the kitchen area of the apartment.
Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

source

Leave a comment

Shopping cart

×