Occupants of a south Abilene hotel were evacuated Monday morning following a kitchen fire, according to an Abilene Fire Department news release.
Fire crews that responded just after 7:30 a.m. to MCM Eleganté Suites, 4250 Ridgemont Drive, reported seeing heavy smoke and flames escaping from an exterior vent of the three-story hotel, the release said.
A kitchen cooking fire had extended into the exhaust duct, igniting built-up grease, the release said.
Crews extinguished the fire and checked the second and third floors above the kitchen and found no additional extension of flames, according to scanner traffic. Smoke was reported in some areas of the hotel.
The fire was out about an hour after it was reported, according to scanner traffic.
The hotel sustained “minor exterior damage” near the venting, estimated at about $10,000 in value.
CEDARBURG — A longtime business will officially be closing in the Cedar Creek Settlement and a new health and home boutique will be moving in this weekend.The Cedar Creek Trading Post, N70 W6340 Bridge Rd, Cedarburg, is closing after being run by Robin Parsons for approximately 16 years. Cedar Creek Apothecary, which is owned by Siara Dohmen...
We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we back. Why trust us? Make the heart of your home shine with chic colors, timeless finishes and smart layouts.The kitchen is one of the most important spaces in your home. It’s where you plan meals, eat as a family and...