Kitchen fire leaves person in hospital with suspected smoke inhalation – Stuff.co.nz

A person has been taken to hospital suffering from suspected smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire broke out at their Christchurch home.
Two fire crews were called to Riley Cres in Woolston at about 10.45am on Sunday, Fire and Emergency New Zealand spokesman Simon Lyford said.
The blaze was caused by a pot on the stove but was extinguished shortly after.
One elderly person was taken to hospital to be treated for possible smoke inhalation, Lyford said, St John confirming they were in a moderate condition.
The fire left minor damage to the kitchen and crews worked to air out the house of smoke, before leaving the scene by 11.30am.
© 2022 Stuff Limited

source

Leave a comment

Shopping cart

×